A Compilation of Successful Initiatives & Strategies…
- Successfully launched two technology products and sold major early adopters for new software product offerings, including an industry-specific social networking portal and a communications portal to assist Suppliers and Distributors in real-time engagement in their order processing, regardless of ERP or accounting system.
- Set growth strategy via key partnerships and two acquisitions – one a services firm for EDI/ERP integration and one an ISV with a value-added trading network and EDI engine — to address numerous market segments with stealth startup’s launch and set sales strategy to address both direct sales segment, direct marketing segment, and channels that would incorporate offerings via APIs. Developed roadmap for future interfaces with Salesforce.com and other third-party offerings.
- Salvaged new startup’s software offering initiative with an unqualified software development vendor by implementing next practices in requirements methodologies, re-designing key system major components, and leveraging outsourced resources to meet business launch needs on a shoestring and utilizing all open source software, social media open source components, and outsourcing all non-critical functions.
- Beat IBM and EDS with sole-sourced contract to CMS (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services that runs Medicare) for MCSC, the first CRM for health insurance that transformed the way Medicare beneficiary call centers operated – putting boutique consultancy on the map. Drove high-level architecture for this multi-million dollar initiative, incorporating PBX/ACDs, IVRs, and thirty-plus legacy mainframe systems requiring both LU2 and LU6.2 communications, while collapsing all business processes and correspondence from over 450 unique templates to 42. Named by the CMS CIO as one of his seven standard systems in 2000, up with the major claims processing systems that still process Medicare claims.
- Global profitability system built on top of custom CRM was first successful system of its kind at multinational financial institution based on meeting key success criteria that the information had to balance to the G/L – and broke out the P&L for each Fortune 1000 customer and/or its subsidiaries, by each line of business – treasury management, leasing, investment bank, commercial loans, et al, and each relationship manager.
SDLC Methodologies & Evaluations of IT Alignment Services
- Defined and drove standards for IT processes and engagement at numerous firms for software evaluations, project and risk management, vendor and package selection, build-or-buy determinations, and IT staffing needs and outsourcing evaluations.
- Achieved $2M contract renewal with largest customer for independent software vendor – with that customer representing over 50% of their business — by transforming how they did engaged and did business with that customer, providing a new, comprehensive SDLC and engagement methodology that was later adopted enterprise-wide.
- Evaluated technology project and software architecture for one of the largest health insurers in the U.S. that was custom-built for their call centers; based on the resulting recommendations, they shelved the $4M project and moved to Siebel, as the architectural flaws were going to be prohibitively expensive to fix and meet the essential business requirements.
- Provided IT scorecard for SMB Supplier/Distributor in U.S. that gave them a snapshot of how and why IT wasn’t aligned with the business with both tactical and strategic recommendations that the CEO and CFO immediately began implementing.
Business Operations Re-engineering with Information Technology
- Revised all Medicare business processes for beneficiary customer service while designing first CRM for national call centers lowering training time from one year to 8 weeks with ROI in excess of 2000%.
- Designed national IVR strategy to provide n-virtual agents, leveraging same code components, resolving customer care issues and lowering costs for an ongoing ROI of 5000%.
- Drove design and requirements management for diagnostic scoring initiative as part of the new SAT program for The College Board, working with psychometricians and statistical analysts from ETS, to ensure that the diagnostic scores were in line with the gold scores throughout all exception processing scenarios.
- Implementation of NetSuite drove changes to collapse number of unique custom applications for technical customer service center to utilization of NetSuite APIs which, coupled with outsourcing manufacturing and turn-up, lessened costs and improved service provided to customers.
Data Center Strategies & Architectures
- Defined global data center strategies and architectures for technology service provider.
- Acquired data center at Dallas Infomart, which houses several large data centers based on being on 3 power grids, and drove network and infrastructure re-architecture, management tools, and operational support processes to provide more value to firms hosted there.
- Built out data center for custom-developed and hosted applications, along with national help desk center incorporating VoIP and CTI components to support call centers around the U.S.
- $1.9 Billion USD proposal bid for one of two new national Medicare data centers made successful in part via expertise in government’s requirements for internet application hosting architecture with Java/Sun and multi-tiered security logical and physical architectures: Firm which is second largest data center in world (measured in MIPs) beat contenders like EDS.
- Evaluation and selection of global data center with managed services saved tech startup firm 20% in headcount and expenses, at a fraction of the cost.
- Managed project and led migration of all tech service provider’s mission-critical systems from numerous server rooms at staff offices to new data center with power, network, HVAC redundancies on all new server hardware with new OS – with no unplanned downtime and no revenue loss.
- Drove architectural requirements for highly-available mission critical application architecture with load balancing, automated failover, and synchronization, incorporating both user content and database elements, all on open source and at extraordinarily low cost based on outsourcing with major data center provider.
If you would like to learn more about how you can better leverage technology, please contact me through this site here.
Thank you for stopping by!